What is Rotary?
ROTARY is a volunteer civic/service organization with 33,000 clubs in over 200 countries and geographical areas. It initiates humanitarian projects that address today’s challenges affecting the world today, such as hunger, poverty, and illiteracy.
Rotary club members represent a cross-section of business and professional leaders around the world. These 1.2 million men and women donate their expertise, time, and funds to support local and international projects that help people in need and promote understanding among cultures.
Rotary International is the worldwide association of Rotary clubs united under a motto of "Service Above Self."
Rotary’s flagship program is its effort to protect children against polio. It aims to eradicate the disease from the world.
The Jupiter - Tequesta Club currently has 50+ members. Its generosity helps these charities and sponsors these events and clubs:
- Academic Scholarships to graduating high school seniors.
- Polio Plus Eradication Program
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards conference (RYLA)
- Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts – Local council camp facility additions and improvements
- Dictionaries for Third Graders
- Interact Club (High School)
- School Supplies for Children in need